Thursday 2 December 2010

Vintage wares summary

It has been just over a month since I started my retail venture at Jane's lovely vintage store.  My vintage.destash.recycled.new section has gone quite slowly, despite making a number of sales.  At least I have sold something, rather than nothing. The messages are that recycling and vintage are popular with a niche, but perhaps handmade goods and vintage haberdashery are not really appealing to the mainstream shoppper. Questioning whether we should continue to purchase mass produced products has perhaps not reached everyone's thinking just yet.  There is a campaign going right now to ask Mary Portas to get the message to the mainstream public and I hope this will be a success.

In the meantime I looke forward to continuing to trade at Jane's vintage store and will keep on searching for those vintage finds.  As a customer I am always guaranteed to find items of clothing at a really good price.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment