Saturday 16 April 2011

Nearly Easter

It's nearly Easter holidays and we have just had the sunniest weather - warmth and blue sky.  Last week-end was Wonderwool Wales at Builth Wells.  Not only did I find some wool bargains there but I also had a fab time with the shop girls at a lavender farm at the top of the Brecon hills.  So much eating, drinking and squealing.

I have been dyeing with natural plant dyes and have experimented with onion skins, daffodils and dandelion flowers.  The yarn will be sold from my Folksy shop and any Guild shows that I attend this summer.  This week I am going to try Brazilwood and Madder dyes but it can be difficult to get the right colour from them.  Not that it matters - it is all just fun to do.


Fizz enjoyed camping in the garden, I am sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment