Monday 4 July 2011

Catch up ......

Jeannie's Beannies
Had a gap month or 2 from the blog but am here again with tales of crafting and such like. 

Was kept busy knitting beannies for the shop - not many buyers in this hot weather but you always need to forward plan for those long months in the cold and dark.  Sensible crafters are probably thinking about their Autumn and Winter collections already.  Creating takes such a time!


Over at Jane's vintage shop, where I have my Haberdashery Emporium (shelf), I have been selling de-stash yarn.  These days I am only using natural dyed yarns, so decided to have a clear out and pass on my stash to better homes.  The yarn sells at the bargain price of £1 per ball and has been proving popular with my loyal customers.

 Vintage wooden knitting pins are always interesting to me because they were used in the 1940s and 1950s.  So many people I know tell me that their mothers used to use them.  My mother used plastic and steel pins, as far as I can remember.  I sell these wooden knitting pins for £3 per pair in the shop. They are not as bendy as bamboo but look good on the craft stall.

 

At the Wonder Wool festival I bought this sock yarn and have now dyed it with Madder and it turned into a lovely shade of Madder brown.  The Really Wild Festival at St David's is happening at the end of July and I am planning to sell the yarn there.  The Guild has a stall at the show and I am in charge of the sales table on the Friday.

Apparently, the hot weather is ending today as rain is coming in from the west.  This means I can stop being distracted by sunshine and garden, so can stay indoors and busy myself with photo shoots for the blog.   My current knitting project is making mini bunting for the craft fair at Maenclochog this Sunday.  Also need to get on with the dolls ........

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment